Friday, October 31, 2008

yes o yes

Paranoia and control issues lead to awful things. Censorship sucks. No YouTube? Banning blogs? For goodness sake Turkey, take a chill pill. Now the blog is up and running again... I will first say, Happy Halloween. 

Things here are great for me these days.... But today, I felt pangs of loneliness. And all thanks to a night that has turned into yet another American Hallmark holiday. I have never even liked Halloween. BUT today I busted out the orange tights in excitement. Too bad the stares orange stockings brought evoked more embarrassment than nostalgia. (nostalgia = the best/biggest candy bars of Linden and Burns Ave., dumping the pillow case and counting the goods, "You better have yur candy x-rayed!", glimpses into lives via front door, primary 
school parade, ghost costume, bustin-a-move in disguise, the crazies of Asheville, the buzz, belly aches.)

I love my family and that they came here. I love they loved visiting, as much as I loved having them. Isn't it strange for a 24 year-old and her parents and aunt to be in one another's company non-stop for a week and truly have an indescribably lovely time together? My fam must be strange, and too good to be true...
- Some places in the world are so rich in history and culture and 
wonder and magic that my vocabulary can do no justice to describe their existence. .... 




3 comments:

TurkeyinPhotos said...

hi Molly,

I need to contact you. My e-mail address is admin@turkeyinphotos.com. I couldn't find your mail address so I'd appreciate if you can drop me an e-mail..

Cheers,
Kerem

JasonPerryPhoto.net said...

Hi Molly! Thanks for the interesting read. You helped me kill half of my otherwise boring afternoon. Istanbul is just a few weeks away for me and I can't wait to be back! -JP

Bas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.