Sunday, July 6, 2008

crash.

My body has taken charge of telling my mind of realities it does not want to see. These past weeks have sucked away my power to write. Exhaustion, a (1st) panic attack!, vomiting, diarrhea, and over-eating took hold. A pissed body equates an unsettled mind in my book... so these days I have been busy questioning/justifying this reality I have created. - From the beginning my mother told me it takes time to settle into a new life, and it is only natural to be scared. I was quick to assure sure I really wasn't scared. Well whatever I am, this is a drastic lifestyle change and it will take time to adjust. And as my father told me, this will just be the first of many ups and many downs. Expected in life, and certainly in travel. Heres a cheers to upward spirals and inspiration.

It was Independence Day and I didn't even know it. Time to find Americans and celebrate. Day off #2 surpassed day off #1 with flying colors.... and not just because it was he 4th of July. I found Nicholas Fritzhand (from Wyoming(Ohio)) and new friend #3. Contact with the familiar brought me much needed comfort and pumped me back up. Vodka injected watermelon set the tone of the evening, and my laughter carried me till morning.... 
--------------------------------------------------
Of course it is not politically correct to say all Mexican men look the same, or Chinese people look like Japanese people, or you can't tell one black baby from another. But I will tell you, Muslim woman with sagging breasts, oversized cardigans, floral shirts, and different floral headscarves all look the same to me.  But I like to their first kiss, simple pleasures, births, tears and troubles, hearts, souls and stories, and know that they are all so different. 
----------------------------------------------------
I will also post this video to show I really am quite all right. 

No comments: