Thursday, July 24, 2008

update now, eulogy later


Update: I threw my friends of the past week, cynical and transition, out the window. Now I am just thankful to have been transported into this America of the movies, obsessed with material and having babies. Because once Molly Poppins is rockin, she is rollin... After indulging in retail therapy to the max, and blowing almost 500 in 3 hours!(?) I am feeling sweeeeeet.
~Chatting it up with the moms at the pool. They are as inquisitive about me, as I am them... eventually most of them admit they want to know everything so they can vicariously live though me.  - Sometimes I say things like, "I just wan to marry a rich man so I can buy everything I want!" They assure me, "Honey, it's the best." I knowingly nod, but don't tell them for my best I believe  I will need a bit more.... - Most of the time though, I attempt to tell them of my truths in the most tasteful and tactful ways possible. In response to, "So did you go to college?" you seriously must choose your words wisely to make sure Warren Wilson gets the respect it deserves. 
~I am workin those valet boys, and only through showing my naivity(notaword?) of this culture (in a slightly charming way).
~I am friendly with the waiters and front desk people, and even the grocers. 
~Also, the complexities of a young girls mind is endless, and when you put four of them together... wowaee! - I feel privileged to be working so close to these growing minds.

So now I am thinking of the chicken and the egg. Did I create positive change through a conscious decision... or did getting settled and making connections allow me to feel the good? These age old questions of life.... 

    

No comments: