Friday, June 27, 2008

cheesepuffs (andbarbie)

I could only stumble over my words in an attempt to try and describe to a new friend my deep love for rap/club/pop/radio music. He explained my ramble in two words. CHEESE PUFFS. Even if you are local and organic, you are always going to love them cheese puffs.... Exactly. 
~And cheese puff of the month is... BARBIE. I love Barbie  
                                                             
Never mind if she was real she couldn't walk.
And that I am sure she would be a total superficial bitch.
Never mind she fucks with the self-image of millions of young girls worldwide.

Because... Barbie totally rules. She is a fine piece of plastic. Great curves. Great clothes. AND she doesn't even talk.
~This week I have been playing with Barbie for hours on end. Cutting her hair, talking to her, makeover, and different clothes for differnt occasions. The options are endless.
~Yesterday we undressed all of them and laid out all of the clothes. The mom and I were the shop owners and the girls went shopping. It was a success. All the Barbies were dressed to impress...
~It is so easy to fill our mind with the serious bits of life. This is why cheese puffs are essential, to all of us. So, what are your cheese puffs? 

                                                                                                                                                                 

P.S.- authors of barbie books do not totally rule. this is one page:
"When it comes to teachers, Ms. Barbie is everyone's favorite. Her students are busy figuring out math problems Ms. Barbie writes on the chalkboard. Then she reads the encyclopedia entry about birds. After recess, the class learns about the world by studying the globe. There's always lots to learn in Ms. Barbie's class."
wow... now that is one actively engaged classroom!

1 comment:

Rachel Ellison said...

Ms. Poppins!
I am loving these posts! I'm sorry it's taken me so long to respond to your original note a while back when you started this thing, but know that I am reading along and am touched by your experiences and your honest words. You are a great story teller my dear! How do you feel about this blog thing so far? While something about it is weird, there is still that part that is fulfilling and cathartic...and just nice.
I like what you have to say anywho. I also like these cheese puffs! Mine are podcasts right now.
Enjoy all of the cheesepuffs that make up these days. It is evident that you are just great at life. Lots of good feelings, love, and (in spirit!)black raspberry chip Graeter's ice cream are being sent your way straight from the Nati.
xRachel E